Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

To the Pumpkin Patch

This morning was the annual pumpkin patch at St. Mary's, so we decided to load up some of the kids and take them out. I was hoping to get some beautiful pumpkin-y/autumn-y pictures like the one of B serving as my header, and maybe one or two of the whole family. However last year, we went to the pumpkin patch in Ino where they actually had PUMPKINS. Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head, and so forth.

Apparently, St. Mary's needs a bit of a refresher on some of the qualifications of a pumpkin patch. Like.. I dunno.. how 'bout PUMPKINS? Oh, they had tons of other stuff: an inflatable bouncy thing, go fish, pick up ducks, craft tables, and plenty of autumn treats like mini pumpkin pies and painted gourds and so forth. However, in the pumpkin area they were extremely lacking. At Ino you walked into this big field that was overflowing with pumpkins of all sizes. At St. Mary's the pumpkins were corralled into one big brown box .... just like at the grocery store. They attempted to make it a bit more fun by plastering the box with images of Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin, but it still just didn't make for good pictures. To that, I say: "Poo!"

So, no pretty fall pumpkin-y pictures for me. I guess I will have to figure out something else to serve as a backdrop for some fall pictures. In the meantime, I did manage to get one semi-decent picture of me and the baby. I had promised one of the little Mister in the sling that I made back when I started this blog. He was all chilled out with his arm hanging out so he could look around and such.



Anyway, I was pretty dissappointed with the "pumpkin" patch thing, but I'm planning on trying to make it back to Ino's if I haven't already missed it to get some more pictures. I wish there was a place to go apple picking around here, but I haven't been able to find one yet. After about 30 minutes of the kid's running around getting all sweaty we headed home so they could paint their pumpkins. That at least was some way-big fun, as well as incredibly messy.. but hey, that's what way-big fun is all about anyway. Here are their finished pumpkins. I did the faces, they did the rest!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to go to the pumpkin patch. the girl's pre school was going to have a field trip to one but i dont know---they cant seem to get enough chaperones so it may get cancelled.

the picture of you is very pretty. the mister is too cute and i love the sling.

Theresa said...

Tammie- hope it doesn't get cancelled. They are really neat and lots of fun for the kids. And thanks for all the nice compliments!