Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

31 Days of Halloween: Movie Review #23

For a very long time, I thought that maybe I had just dreamed this movie up and that it didn't actually exist. I *thought* I could remember watching a movie as a kid about a Halloween Tree and so forth but could never find any proof that it actually existed and as I've made this mistake before (thinking a childhood dream was a movie or a book that I could SWEAR was real), I had long since given up hope.

But HOORAY! The Halloween Tree is an ACTUAL movie AND book! The movie even won an Emmy! How bout that? The story is about a group of kids that learn the history of Halloween while trying to save the life of their friend Pipkin.

For Halloween movies, this one is tops: It's spooky, fun, AND educational! *laughs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! it popped up for me! i had been trying to leave a comment all day. (i have no life.)

i need to find this movie. this sounds like one i would want the kids to watch.

also, i love the new background. of course i loved it significantly less when i couldnt leave a comment.

Theresa said...

lol, I'm glad you can leave comments now!

I haven't been able to find this movie anywhere, except youtube which has it on there in little 8-10 minute clips. You might be able to find it on amazon or something.