Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

31 Days of Halloween: Movie Review #3


Today's Movie was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by director Tim Burton.

Can we just take a moment to note the many points of awesomeness in this movie?
1) Johnny Depp- 'nuff. said.

2) Christina Ricci- She always does so well with the creepy roles.

3) Classic literature made over into great movie

4) Perfect combination of creepy and humor.

I could go on... and on... and on.. The actors in this movie are so incredible. I love Johnny's portrayal of Ichabod Crane. I think it's hilarious how squeamish and scared he gets at the scary parts of the movie. I am so right there with him: a total coward. *laughs*



And can we just take a moment to talk about how incredibly creepy Christopher Walken is as the headless horseman? I mean... let's face it, he's pretty scary looking even on a normal day, so him in this role is just down right horrific (in a very good way).

P.S.- Harry Potter shout-out: Dumbledore and Uncle Vernon are both in this movie. (Okay, I know that's not their real names, but I heart Harry Potter so you will all just have to deal with it).

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I heart this movie, if we're talking about hearting things!

Theresa said...

I do too! One of my favorites