Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

31 Days of Halloween: Movie Review #4

Tonight I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, for my "Halloween" movie of choice. It's true there are no pumpkins or any such things in this movie, but there is plenty of the supernatural. Not to mention that ever since the first Pirates movie came out the Captain Jack Sparrow pirate look has been one of the most popular Halloween costume choices.


I love every single one of the Pirates movies. Not just because of Johnny Depp either. I have been in love with pirates my whole life, long before Johnny and Orlando made it sexy and cool. It's true. Ask my mother.

This one, though, I feel is particularly suited to my "Halloween" movie-a-thon with it's undead, fishy-parts pirates and of course, Calypso.


Aside from the supernatural, creepy element I look for in a good "Halloween" movie, this one meets my other criteria: HUMOR. I crack up every time I watch this movie. How can you not with the way everyone is constantly switching sides and alliances, betraying one another, keeping secrets. You have no clue throughout the entire movie who the bad guys or good guys are. It's great.

Tune in tomorrow night for another Halloween Movie Review!

No comments: