Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

31 Days of Halloween


I *LOVE* October! Why? Because my birthday is in October for one. For two: Halloween is in October and I *LOVE* Halloween. In the words of the darling Lola: "It is my favorite, and my best." Something about October and Halloween always puts me in the mood for movies containing supernatural elements. So, for every day in October I will watch and review one movie in said genre. I warn you ahead of time that some of them will completely and unashamedly cheesy and I do not apologize for it.

So... Onwards and Sideways to

Day 1 of Halloween Movie Review:

Tonight the hubs and I rented and watched Shadow of the Vampire, with John Malkovich... and more importantly Eddie Izzard and Cary Elwes (Both actors I love).

The movie is about the making of the movie Nosferatu, in which the actor playing the Vampire is actually a vampire. In the movie you discover that the director knowingly hired the Vampire to play an actor playing a vampire and in return promises him actress Greta Schroeder as a meal.

Throughout the filming, crew members "mysteriously" disappear and in the end, nearly everyone is dead. Including the Vampire. ......

Or IS he?????

BUM! BUM! BUM!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But it's probably because I thought it was funny. And because of Eddie Izzard.. who was pretty funny. And of course Cary Elwes.....who was also funny.

Stay Tuned for Tomorrow's "Halloween" movie review!

7 comments:

Daphne said...

That's a lot of movies! October is my favorite and 'best' too... looking forward to your reviews!

Justine’s Halloween said...

Cool idea to review spooky movies! I really enjoyed Shadow of the Vampire too. I thought that was a really creative idea for a movie. Have you seen the original Nosferatu? They used to play it at an old movie theater around here with live percussion each Halloween - very cool!

Theresa said...

I have seen the original Nosferatu. It's still a pretty creepy movie for being so old.

Anonymous said...

very cool idea.
i HATE spooky movies. im such a chicken wuss.
but this shadow of the vampire movie sounds kinda unique. is it really scary or more funny? i love eddie izzard and john malcovich.

i dont know much about nosferatu other than it was mentioned in an episode of spongebob once. i could win millions with my knowledge of spongebob trivia.

Theresa said...

Tammie- It's not really scary at all, and you can take my word for it because I am a chicken wuss as well. Seriously.. I can't watch the Mummy by myself. *laughs* This movie was actually pretty cheesy and funny.

And P.S.- I know which episode of sponge bob you are referring to. LOL THE HASH SLINGING SLASHER!!!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha...im so glad you know the episode!!! as i was typing out my comment i kept thinking this woman is going to think i have completely lost it

Theresa said...

LOL- spongebob is very popular at our house... and my mom's house, and my sister's house.