Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

31 Days of Halloween: Movie Review #25



Van Helsing is one of the better vampire movies they've come out with, in my opinion. I love how the vamps change from looking like really appealing and beautiful/handsome creatures, to downright scary and animal looking in a matter of seconds. I love the bumbling friar that plays assistant to Helsing. And I love how they allude to Helsing have a history with Dracula as Gabriel.

The movie incorporates many Gothic horror characters such as The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, and Mr. Hyde, which I find very satisfying because several of them are literary classic characters as well. I think they did a good job fitting them all into one movie. Plus the soundtrack is awesome.

Sorry Twilight Fans, no sparkly vampires in this movie. *frowny face* But still plenty of eye candy, so don't despair!

No comments: