Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

So You Say It's Your Birthday

Well It's my birthday too! Today actually. So since my birthday was today, my best good friend, Jess took me and the hubs out for dinner with her and her man, Roger. It was FABULOUS! Up until earlier this evening, I had never before tried sushi, so the plan was to take us out for sushi at Miyori's in the next town over. Apparently, they are regulars at Miyori's. Apparently, Roger is like royalty at Miyori's because when he was single and lonely he used to buy drinks and stuff for the guy who works the sushi bar. So when we got there, the sushi guy was all "Hey!!! Step right up!" Apparently if you are in good with the sushi guy at Miyori's you get your own special pair of chopsticks which they keep in a pretty little wooden box for you that is engraved with your name. Seriously. Roger has his own chopsticks. It's like sushi gangster.


I had a crispy shrimp roll or "shrimp tempura," and it was awesome! And tasty! And then I had what is called a "crazy roll" that has shrimp, crab, avocado, cream cheese, and jalapenos rolled up and then fried. Then they top it with some more crab meat that is in this slightly spicy sauce and some tempura and green onions. ZOMG> YUM!


I am very glad that my first sushi experience was such a fun one. And a special one. I am very grateful to have a friend like Jess who really loves me and doesn't abandon me when I have my crazy emotional moments. She rocks. Seriously. So, despite the earlier craptacular week, I had a wonderful birthday with wonderful people and wonderful food. My goal is that by my birthday next year I will have my own set of chopsticks at Miyori's. LOL



P.S.- Check out my awesome birthday gifts from my sister-in-law, Angela. I LOVE the halloween coffee cup. It says "eat drink and be scary," LOL And of course I love the candle.

5 comments:

Justine’s Halloween said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hurray for Libras. :) You got such cute Halloween/birthday gifts.

Daphne said...

Happy birthday! (a day late) sounds like you had a wonderful one.

Theresa said...

thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday.

i love sushi although i only eat the "cooked" kind. i just cant touch the raw stuff. that crazy roll sounds awesome.

Theresa said...

Thanks Tammie! Yeah, I only eat the cooked kind too. I"m not up for the raw kind either. Eww