Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

31 Days of Halloween: Movie Review #9




Okay, seriously... is there anyone out there that doesn't like this movie? I love the movie. I love the goblins. And I love David Bowie.

This is one of B's favorite movies as well, though she refers to it as the "Save the Baby" movie. Which is kind of vague since she refers to Willow (another family favorite) in the same way.


For those who might be unfamiliar, this 80's flick is about a young teen who wishes her baby brother away when she is forced to babysit for an evening. In compliance with her disgruntled wishes, the goblins whisk away the bouncing baby boy and take him to their king. In order to "save the baby" Sarah must first find her way through Jareth's (the goblin king)Labyrinth.


In this movie are dwarves, fairies, goblins, giants, and knights as well as a few -very 80's- song and dance numbers. My favorite part is the masquerade.

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I totally love this movie. i loved it so much when it came out that I had to have the book. Oh, how I wished I could be dancing with David Bowie...

Theresa said...

LOL It would definitely be nice to dance with David Bowie.