Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whoops!

So, if you've been following along, you might have noticed that I was a bit late in getting yesterday's Halloween movie review posted. Well that's because last night, I spent all my time sewing up these:



I wanted to do little treat bags for the B's preschool class party on Thursday and had already bought the little cheap plastic ones when I came across this tutorial over at Sew-Fantastic. So I brought the plastic ones back to the store and used up some of my Halloween scraps that I STILL have left over from last year. Even after making an outfit for B, Mister, and my niece.

They probably would have sewn up much faster if I didn't have to use the dreaded black thread. I don't know what it is about my machine (I say "my" like it's mine or something, but I'm borrowing one right now from a friend. LOL), but it HATES black thread. Every time I have to sew with it, I have to fight with the machine. It's like trying to feed a baby spinach or something equally as gross to a baby. You know how just keep spooning it in and the baby keeps spitting it out? It's like that. The more I try to sew with it, the more the machine spits it out, the thread snaps, the bobbin jams. I have used like 5 different kinds of black thread, different weights, tried adjusting the tension, etc. Nothing works.

SO, after 3 hours of fighting my machine, I had 20 or so decent treat bags. They came out a little smaller than what I anticipated, so I wasn't able to put everything in them that I had originally planned on. Each one got a mini bag of m&m's, 2 dum dums, and stickers. I think they came out pretty cute and I'm excited about bringing them on thursday.

I also made a trip out to Glen's yesterday and got a bunch of christmas fabrics to start on some clothes for the B. I am pretty excited about those. The fabrics were of course, wonderfully cheap as well as being cute. I love that store.

Other than that, I spent most of the day yesterday being achey and feeling rather like crap. My sinuses have decided to let me know that it's finally getting colder here in Alabama. My lymph nodes are all swollen and my throat has been sore as well. Not to mention that all the rain and cooler temperatures has my arthritis acting up too so my hips and knees have been really sore as well. Today isn't much better where those things are concerned, but at least Tim is off of work today so I have a little help around here.

And now I'm off to feed Calvin who is screaming from lack of interest in my post. LOL

5 comments:

Aleta said...

I like the new background to your blog! Cool. Those bags came out adorable! I can't sew to save my life and can't imagine a machine not liking black thread. Hehe. Must be Halloween!

Anonymous said...

adorable bags. i went the lazy route and just sent in a giant bag of candy to my daughters pre school.

btw: ive been meaning to tell you. my husband says that when he lived in dothan he worked at a mall called (i think) The Wiregrass Commons. and he said it was carpeted. and the carpet was constantly dirty and disgusting. i hope by now they've updated to tile.

Theresa said...

Aleta, Thanks! I figured out how to make my own and I love the trees.

Tammie- unfortunately no. They just put in new carpet. LOL

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha .

i cant believe it. who would do that?!!

Theresa said...

LOL- The same people who's solution to every other problem is duct tape. LOL