Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Budding Artist

So, rather than post any more of what I've been doing lately, I thought I would share with you some of Nadia's latest art work. Like me, when I was young, she just can't seem to get enough of paper, paint, markers, crayons, pencils... you name it.


Here is a rainbow she painted with some watercolors the other day. There are trees at the bottom and a sun in the sky. Rainbows are her FAVORITE recently.


This is a picture of a "pregnant cheetah." Ever since we found out about the new baby, there have been drawings of various "pregnant" things.


Here is a drawing of some zoo animals. There is clearly a giraffe, a cheetah, a tiger, a zebra, and a lion. There is also a tree which the giraffe is snacking on. It's a whole safari!


This is a picture she drew of me. I am pregnant in the picture. See the circle with the dot in the middle? That is my pregnant tummy and the dot is the baby. I don't know why, but I think it's hilarious! It hangs on the fridge.

This is her latest painting that she did today. There are flowers, a sunshine, and the animal to the left is a horse. The giant purple bug in the sky is a "flying lady bug."
I love her art. Yesterday she spent ALL DAY printing out pictures from PBS kids and coloring them. Each picture was of a different room in the house, like the kitchen, the living room, the bed room, etc. She colored each one and then glued them all together to make a "house out of paper." It's HUGE, and she is so proud of it! I think my ultimate favorite is going to have the picture of me pregnant though. Or the preggo cheetah. That's kinda funny too. LOL




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the pregnant you. too cute.

ive thrown away most of my kids artwork over the years, but i try to save the "good" stuff (or just the funny stuff) and frame it. it always makes me smile.

Theresa said...

I've thrown out a lot of art work myself. Mostly, because I just never had anywhere to put it all. Nadia will make on average of about 6 pics a day! I made her an "art book" out of an old cereal box. I just punch hole in everything now and use binder rings to hold it all between the cardboard covers. It's starting to get to be a pretty big book!

Catherine said...

Re: Rainbows: one of my most favourite sayings in the world is about rainbows.

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." (Chesterton)

Ok, so it's about rain, but the rainbow pic reminded me of it.

Those pics are great.