Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Update:

I just got back from my baby check up with the doctor, where I got the report from my ultrasound last week. According to Dr. B, pretty much NOTHING has changed from the ultrasound done immediately after the tear. I was really thinking that after a month, 3 weeks of which were spent on bed rest that there would have been much more healing going on, but Dr. B says it looks pretty much exactly the same. There has been a very tiny amount of reparation, but not anything to get excited about.


Dr. B also said that the area that tore was/is a very LARGE area, so it is just something we are going to have to watch for the remainder of the pregnancy. I will have an ultrasound once a month until delivery, so that we can keep an eye on it, and anything else that might (but hopefully WON'T) develop. It was really kind of disheartening because I was hoping to hear that it wasn't that bad of an incident and that things were healing up just fine. Dr. B kept saying he doesn't expect for there to be any other incidents, and that as long as I continue to watch and limit my activity we should be okay, but the overhanging need for concern and watchfulness sort of puts a damper on things.


On a brighter, happier note, I can feel baby Lena moving around all the time now. She is still growing and developing at a healthy rate, so it doesn't seem as though the tearing is affecting her any. She keeps me up at night swimming around in there and when I talk to her she bumps back. Also, if I'm being honest, I'm kind of happy about the frequent ultrasounds and getting to see her every month. I cannot wait for this little one to make here, safe and sound and healthy. I'm 19 weeks along as of today, so right at half way along.

3 comments:

Daphne said...

Sending good wishes for continued health for you guys!!

Aleta said...

Lena, what a beautiful name. Staying calm and relaxing - those are you key words. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

Theresa said...

Thank you both!