* This pregnancy SUCKS. I am not, nor have I really ever been a puker. Up until this pregnancy, I could count on one hand how many times I had ever thrown up in my entire life. And that includes one account of motion sickness. I threw up ONCE during my pregnancy with Ya-Ya, and that was when they pushed the medicine through the epidural. I didn't get sick at all with Cal-man's pregnancy. Sure, I had a lot of nausea and heartburn... but no up-chucking. I am 15 weeks pregnant as of today, and I have lost track of how many times I've puked. I am MISERABLE. With my other two pregnancies, I could look at certain foods and KNOW there was no way I could eat them without getting sick... this pregnancy... my intuition has flown the coop. I'll eat, and be fine all day and then all of a sudden it will hit me like a ton of bricks and I have to rush to the nearest sink/toilet/trash can. It comes OUT OF NOWHERE. The other morning I was chatting with a friend on the phone and all I'd had so far that morning was a big glass of water (which I CRAVE, literally all the time) and I had to hang up on her to run to the bathroom. What gives?! WATER?! SERIOUSLY?! I'm also eternally exhausted. I get horrible heartburn and have had to sleep sitting propped up on 5 pillows for two weeks now. I get short of breath just trying to dishes, or pick up toys, or fold a load of laundry, or shop for groceries. My legs are still cramping and I get a lot of lower pelvic and back pain throughout the day. On a slightly happier note, my ultrasound is coming up in a few more weeks, so soon I'll have blobby pictures to show you guys and hopefully some clue as to what gender the baby is.
* Ya-Ya is getting restless about this whole birthday thing. She seems to think that if she marks off all the days on the calender between now and her birthday, then tomorrow will be her birthday. HA! I wish! If that were the case, I'd be having this baby TOMORROW!
* I finally got the kiddos separated into their own bedrooms. Ever since we've moved into this house, parts of it have been kind of let out to other people. We've had people stay with us in the spare room/s, we've had people use the spare room/s as storage, etc. I didn't really think about it while we were moving around the furniture and setting up the extra crib. My focus was on getting things organized and spread out so I wouldn't be running the gauntlet 8 times a day to change the baby's diaper or pop in a movie for Ya-Ya. When all was said and done, and the rooms were finished, I just kept walking back and forth between the two and looking in. Just to look at them. I can't believe that there is so much space, that even if Ya-Ya and the baby have toys out on the floor, the rooms still look relatively clean. When they were both jammed into the small front room, even a candy wrapper made the space look junky. As I was wandering up and down the hall, it suddenly dawned on me that for the first time, since we moved here, every space in the house has a function. Every room of the house belongs to our family. We have come a long, long way from our big empty rectangle and the milk-crate entertainment center. I could just cry, that makes me so happy.
* I just got done baking and decorating 48 mini cupcakes for Ya-Ya's preschool snack tomorrow in honor of her birthday. I'm freaking out about how I'm going to get everything clean and done by her party on Sunday. I'm freaking out about the possibility of not just rain, but thunderstorms on Sunday. I mean, if we HAVE to do this shin-dig inside, we'll make do, but we are gonna be crammed in here like sardines.
* I made it about 2/3 of the way through Wolfman (the book), and while it is good, I think I just a break from the whole fantasy/vampire/werewolf/mythical creatures thing. I have been kinda disappointed in books lately. While I find the stories hold my interest for awhile, and that some of them are even good... I haven't found one of those "I can't put it down" books in awhile. That's kind of a bummer. I'm unsure if it's because I, myself am restless, or if I just haven't found any goodies yet. I picked up a Jodi Picoult yesterday, though, and so far, it's pretty promising. It's got a kind of paranormal/ghost hunter theme going and I am enjoying it. So here's hoping.
* I think that's it. I think I'm going to sneak a chocolate cupcake and then go to bed.