Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last Night's Project

So, as you might have read on here, Ya-Ya's 5th birthday is coming up pretty fast (only 2 weeks until party time!!!), and I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with some neat things to do for the party.

I saw this really awesome idea over on Pink and Green Mama, and thought I'd give it a whirl princess style, since that is the theme of Ya-Ya's birthday party. I went to Hellmart this afternoon to buy the foam poster boards and got to work right after dinner.




Here is the princess photo prop. As I was sketching it out I started to get a little worried that it wasn't going to turn out as cute as I wanted it to be. However, once I started to get the paint and color on the board, it really started to shape up. I covered the crown in glitter and glitter paint so it would sparkle when we do the kids' photos (hopefully) outside. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the princess.

I looked everywhere for a good Prince Charming to use as a reference but came up with nada. Then my awesome husband came up with the idea of doing a frog prince for the boys to take pics with. GENIOUS! The frog prince is slotted for tomorrow's after dinner project so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Not Hannah said...

Check you out. That is amazing!

Theresa said...

Thanks guys!

Aleta said...

You did a great job! I love it! And hilarious about the frog - that's perfect!!!

Theresa said...

Thanks!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So great! It turned out really well -- thanks so much for linking up : )

Fondly,
pink and green mama
MaryLea