Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Funny Mr. Alligator

So, Ya-Ya learned this little song at preschool today, and decided to share it with the baby. I was cooking dinner and as usual, just as I got started, Ya-ya came in to watch me and play 20 questions:

"What is THAT?"

"Can I have something else for supper?"

"Why aren't you making spaghetti?"

And as usual, the baby started to get fussy as he usually does when he feels he's being ignored. I employed my usual diversion to gain about 15 minutes: "Ya-ya... go talk to your brother, he's bored."

As I'm cooking, I hear Ya-Ya start off singing her new favorite song, "There were 5 little monkeys, sitting in a tree, teasing Mr. Alligator Can't Catch me! Then creepy Mr. Alligator, quiet as can be, snapped! one monkey right out of the tree!"

Second verse, same as the first, except for every time she sang "Teasing Mr. Alligator," the baby would laugh. This is the first instance where the baby has laughed because he found something to be humorous. Usually you have to catch him in the right mood and tickle him to get a giggle. But she's been singing for him for the last 15 minutes and he STILL thinks she's hilarious. I had to make a video so Tim could see it when he gets home from work. And I thought I'd share it with you all too.

No comments: